The Central Repository is a global repository that handled 8 billion download requests for open source Java components last year. That’s 15,000+ components per minute being downloaded! With such a massive amount of activity, I thought it would be interesting to request a weekly update from the Central team so that we can see:
- How many components were downloaded last week
- What were the most popular downloads
- What countries/cities made the most requests
- What industries are most active in downloads
- What were the Top 10 vulnerabilities discovered in the past week
I’ll publish the first weekly status update next week and each week after so that we can start tracking trends that will appear in the data. What else would you like to see in this weekly update? Leave you suggestions in a comment and I’ll see if I can get them included in the report.
Here’s a quick minute and a half video showing what the Central Repository is, if you haven’t heard of it.